Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

I have heard multiple things about EDM 310 from previous students. I actually had a girl tell me today that even though this class is a lot of work, I will leave way more knowledgeable than I started off. I have also heard that there are a lot of projects involved in this class. I am excited that some of them will be group based so I can get to know classmates, especially since this is my first semester at South. Even though I have heard many scary things about this class, everyone ensures me that if you try hard and do the work you will come out with a good grade.

When walking into this class for the first time Wednesday night I had many fears. After being in class for two and a half hours some of my fears were calmed. My main fear in this class is that the time and effort put towards all of the work will interfere with my others classes. I know that if I manage my time I will be able to do it all. College can be overwhelming sometimes so I have another fear of forgetting or overlooking an assignment and projects. I hope to overcome these fears when I become more familiar with the class.

EDM 310 reminds me of a computer class I took at Faulkner State Community College. The class was a lot of step by step work and you had to follow directions. EDM 310 also reminds me of a difficult typing and computer class that I took my 9th grade year at Satsuma High School. I believe that my most difficult problem in this class will be keeping up with all the assignments that are due on certain dates. To address this problem I am going to go buy a calendar and write down every assignment under the date it is due.

My question for this coarse is what grades would use microcomputing systems? Would I use this in a elementary class or is this more for a high school atmosphere? I am going to do more research on using microcomputing systems outside of the classroom to learn more about what I can use as a future teacher. I am excited to learn more about microcomputing systems so I can use it and my future students can also learn from it.

fear

1 comment:

  1. "My question for this coarse is what grades would use microcomputing systems?" course, not coarse. All grades K-12 use technology. Every student K-12 in Baldwin County now has their own iPad or Mac. Every student!

    ReplyDelete