Monday, March 31, 2014

C4T #3

Blogging and the Literacy Curriculum
My first teacher I was assigned for this blog post was Kathleen Morris. Kathleen has been a teacher for 6 years. I loved reading her blog post because it gave me great ideas on how to use blogging in the classroom. She explained how you don't need to try to squeeze blogging into your curriculum. When allowing the students to blog they need to receive the full benefits from it. So to do this blogging needs to be planned out for the classroom to use it in the curriculum. I explained to Kathleen how I loved her idea of creating digital portfolios instead of allowing the students to write journals. I love this idea because it is now 2014 and technology is too great for students to be using pen and paper. I also explained to Kathleen that I 100% agree with her that using blogging in the classroom keeps the students engaged because they are excited to learn by using technology.
Blogging

There's Blogging and There's Blogging...
The second post that I read by Kathleen Morris was about using blogging in the classroom. She explained how there are two ways. There is the Unrestricted program and the Structured Program. I explained to her that I see myself using more of the Structured Program in the Elementary classroom. Blogging is integrated into the literacy program when using this program. I also loved the pointers she gave for teachers when using blogging in the classroom. I will defiantly take all of them into consideration. She said that we as educators should set high standards, provide feedback, and integrate into literacy program. I also like that she said to allow the students to express themselves while improving their educational outcomes. I learned a lot of tips from Kathleen about using blogging in the classroom. I look forward to reading more of her post.
Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment