Friday, April 18, 2014

Blog Post #13

Find an app that you feel would be useful in your future classroom. Describe the app and explain the advantages of it.

I am an elementary major and I would love to be a kindergarten teacher one day. The app I choose would be great for kindergarten students because it teaches them about numbers. 123 Tracing allows the students to have fun and engage in games while learning their numbers. I love the app because it allows the students to trace their numbers on the iPad. The app is also easy for students to navigate through and play on their own. This is an app that I would use because I feel students need more practice with math. Like Dr. Strange discussed in class, students now days struggle with simple math because they depend so much on a calculator. I feel that math apps like this one can help future students.
Number Tracing App


I also like how parents and teachers can play collaboratively with the students on this app. Parents and teachers can also track the child's progress while they play on the app. This would be great in the kindergarten classroom because the teacher can see which students need extra help with learning their numbers. The app allows the teacher to always keep up with student's progress and allows the teacher to show the parents the student's progress.
Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment