Thursday, April 24, 2014

C4T #4

This week I was assigned to comment on Jeff Delps blog, Teach for Today...and Tomorrow . His blog gave some great advice for all educators. Jeff gave a presentation to the 7th grade math classes because many of the students were struggling with connection and motivation at school. I explained to him how I loved the topic he chose for his Prezi presentation for the students. The topic he focused on was that we all have choices that we can make, and that we all get better at things with practice and determination. I told Jeff that this is a great piece of advice for teachers and students. He explained how he loved blogging and using social media. I told him how I also love using those too and that I agreed with him that we should share our successes and struggles through social media. There are other teachers and students who are facing similar challenges and have some of the same concerns as myself and others. Sharing our struggles and successes can help and encourage other people around the world. Jeff gave me some great pointers that I will keep in mind as I become a future educator.


The next blog of Jeff Delps that I commented on was My Haitian School Experience . In this post he talked about education and the important role it plays in every individuals life and our society. I agree with him that the ability to read, write, solve problems, and reason are a necessity to navigate in the 21st century. Jeff talked about his recent trip to Haiti where he witnessed the learning environment at a school. He explained how he was overwhelmed by the need of the students. The classes are held in little sheds and the teachers have very limited resources. I explained to Jeff how it saddens me to hear that students have to learn in environments like this. Students in the United States have iPads and computers at school and the students in Haiti are lucky if they have pen and paper. I agree with Jeff that education may be what these students need to change their world.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I really liked how you went into detail talking about your C4C's I look forward to reading more good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete